From courtrooms to boardrooms, Joseph M. Heppt has over 30 years’ experience representing and advising clients in complex litigation, commercial arbitration and regulatory investigations. He has tried cases in federal district, bankruptcy and state courts, including representing an individual investor in a AAA arbitration, which resulted in an award of $4 million. Mr. Heppt has successfully advised and/or defended boards of directors and auditing firms in cases touching on every facet of their businesses, including commercial torts and RICO claims, securities fraud claims, accountant liability claims, breach of contract claims, preference actions and corporate governance disputes. A magna cum laude graduate of Brooklyn Law School, Mr. Heppt was Executive Editor of The Brooklyn Law Review. He has also been selected by Super Lawyers (2014, 2015 and 2016) and Outstanding Attorneys of America as one of New York’s leading litigators. As a member of the New York City Bar Association, Joe has served on the Litigation and Professional Discipline Committees and is currently a member of the Professional Responsibility Committee. Mr. Heppt is an Associate Member of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants. Prior to attending law school, he was a professional photographer with the New York Times Company and his work appeared regularly in national magazines, newspapers and photography art books. Mr. Heppt brings his large law firm and corporate counsel experience to individuals and corporations while providing personalized service and well controlled fees. His offices feature all of the amenities of a large law firm, including small and large state-of-the-art conference rooms, paralegal and related support services, and more. To arrange a consultation, please contact him through this website, or you can email him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Author: “An Alternative To Throwing Stones, A Proposal For The Reform of Glass – Steagal.”
- Selected by Super Lawyers as one of New York’s leading litigators 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Selected for membership in Best Attorneys of America, 2015
- Awarded the Client Distinction Award by Martindale-Hubbell for receiving a “preeminent” rating by clients, 2014 and 2015
- Associate Member of the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York 1987
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, 1986
- Honors & Awards: Member & Executive Notes Editor, Brooklyn Law Review
- St. John’s University, NY, B.F.A., with honors, 1977
- Assistant General Counsel, Ernst & Young, LLP, 1994-1999.
- Associate, Schulte Roth & Zabel, 1990-1994;
- Associate, Webster & Sheffield, 1986-1990